Leicester Guildhall Ghost Hunt Paranormal Eye UK

Leicester Guildhall is said to be riffed with paranormal activity, many visitors have reported strange ghostly mists appearing, dark shadows and poltergeist activity is known in the guildhall`s library area. Strange disembodied cries and screams are heard coming from within the old victorian cells, strange sounds of furniture being dragged from empty rooms and doors have been seen slamming shut from unforeseen hands. dare you join us at the Leicester Guildhall for this paranormal event ?       The Hauntings at Leicester Guildhall  Leicester Guildhall has a dark and sinister history dating back to 1390, The ancient rooms here hold so many untold stories, There has been many reports of manifestations here at the guildhall, many people have had to leave rooms feeling extremely unwell, upon the leaving that area they feel very well again. Many people have reported feeling what appears to be a child like hand in their pocket. A young lady is said to mainly roam and wander around the old victorian cells. A very tall dark figure of a male is often reported many feel a strong sense of fear when his presence is sensed many believe he was a former surgeon. A Former ********** Dating back to the victorian era has been encountered on numerous occasions. Are you ready to enter the Guildhall as we open the doors and invite you to delve deep into this locations harrowing past ?   The History Of Leicester Guildhall  The Great Hall was built around 1390 as the meeting place of the Guild of Corpus Christi; the guild was a group of businessmen and gentry who had religious connections.The Guildhall was used for banquets, festivals, and as a home for a priest who prayed for the souls of Guild members in the nearby St Martin’s Church. The Corporation of Leicester bought the Guildhall by the end of the 14th century.[1] During the English Civil War the Mayor and corporation received a demand from Prince Rupert for £2000. The decision was made at the Guildhall to offer a loan of £500 and made an appeal to King Charles I. In May 1645 the King in attempt to divert attention away from Oxford positioned an army of 6,000 men outside the city walls on 29 May 1645. Again important decisions regarding the fate of the city were to be decided in the Guildhall. On 30 May 1645 the Royalist Army made demand after demand to the city, who played for time. In the end Prince Rupert attacked at 3:00 pm. The City walls were breached, and the last stand made by the defenders outside the Guildhall and St Martins. The Royalists then entered the Guildhall looting the town’s archives, and mace and seal. The Royalist victory was reversed a couple of weeks later with the defeat at Naseby. Records also show that entertainment expenses were paid for such items as wine, beer for Oliver Cromwell. Although this does not prove Oliver Cromwell stayed at the Guildhall, it is highly probable that he visited several times. The coat of arms of King Charles I can be seen today inside the Mayor’s Parlour. Room at Leicester in which Shakespeare is said to have Acted before Queen Elizabeth by Alice Mary Hobson It is reputed that William Shakespeare appeared here. In recognition of this, the television company, Maya Vision, brought the Royal Shakespeare Company to perform at the Guildhall as part of its 2003 series for the BBC, In Search of Shakespeare, written and narrated by the historian, Michael Wood. Part of the Shakespeare legend is that Shakespeare first came across the tale of King Leir whilst appearing at the Guildhall and this inspired him to write his own play King Lear. There is, however, no actual evidence to support this, although the legend of King Leir is associated with Leicester. The Guildhall was a place of the third oldest public library in England. It was established in 1632, when the town library was moved into the east wing of the building. The books in the collection include New Testament in Greek from the 15th century. Most books are on display in the present time. Leicester’s first police force had its station in the Guildhall from 1836. There were police cells on the ground floor of the east wing. The Guildhall was retained in use until quite late. It was not until 1876 that the Corporation moved to the new Leicester Town Hall. Apart from the police station, it was later used as a school. However, the building was becoming increasingly dilapidated, and by the 1920s there were plans to demolish the building. After the intervention of the Leicestershire Archaeological and Historical Society, the council began restoration work on the building, finishing it in 1926, when the Guildhall was opened as a museum. THIS EVENT INCLUDES Working in small groups, participating in Ouija/spirit board sessions, Evp Sessions, Table tipping, seances and many other different techniques. Tea/coffee and light snacks. Please remember to bring your torch as this location has caves and underground chambers. Please remember to wear suitable footwear as this location has a lot of stairs and very uneven floors. This Location is not suitable for people with walking and mobility issues.  OVER 18’s ONLY